- Introduction and General Terms
- Safety and Security concerns:
- Merchant and Transactions:
- Privacy and the Use of your Personal Information
- -How and why we collect your personal information?
- -How Golden Horizon Travel uses your personal information?
- Cookies and the use of Our Website
- -Definition of Cookies and How we use these Cookies
- -Secure cookies and Web Cookies
- -Privacy and third-party cookies
- -Your privacy and the "Opt-Out option"
- -Contact us, About us, Travel Enquiries, and Online Secure Reservations
- -How to Book my tours on your website?
(Revised and republished in March 2014)
-Semi-private Tours terms and policy: There is a misconception about our "semi-private tours" option, many customer who are in hurry (which we totally understand) do not take the time to read what we have posted in Red or in Bold characters on each section and each page of our website requiring a minimum number of participants PER RESERVATION! We made it extremely explicit and clear so nobody blames us for not being transparent. All other companies refer visitors to their terms and conditions page, we decided to add these terms on every page of our website (which took us hundreds of hours to do so) so visitors get the picture right away before they book online or email as for more clarification.
Why we require a minimum number of participants per tour? We are not a bus tour comply who collects customers at their respective hotels, no we do not offer public group tours like that. We specialize in private tours by SUVs, we leave with one party at the time (one pick-up and one drop-off), and in other words, this is not a public bus tour you can join. The semi-private is basically a private tour with a discounted rate, for that reason we do require a minimum number of participants, otherwise, our reservation system will not allow you to book the tour because you don't qualify for that tour based on these terms stated on each page of our website. You can only book a private SUV tour when you are a party of one or two and the price is the same as we need to cover our full day expenses, fuel charge, tour guide, driver's wages and overtime, tolls, commercial insurance, parking, entrance fees and other fees and expenses.
As for the van tour, this is even more strict and the minimum number of participants is a must per booking with the same terms as stated above.
As for all foreign languages including French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Chines, among others , these tours must be private in order for us to honor this tour in the required language, yet additional fees may apply to cover the your tour guide's expense which varies from $29 to $49 per hour depending on the required languages.
Back to Top
II. Safety and Security Concerns
How to Identify a Safe and Secure Website?
Secure and Encrypted Transactions: Our website is Secure and daily tested and certified as a hacker safe website complying with the PCI (Payment Card Industry) and monitored by Trust Wave Hacker Safe. We also use a high-grade encryption level to ensure that your transaction and credit card information are encrypted and secure using a certified SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Be aware of all online reservations that don't display this secure "lock icon" shown on the reservation page and the letter "S" must also display within the url (link) in your browser as follow: https://www. As shown on our website:
https://www.goldenhorizontravel.com/reservations/index_new.php The above lock icon indicates that the connection between the reservation page and the web server is secure using encrypted connection to protect your privacy and bank information.
- Hacker Safe: Our Web site has been awarded Trust Wave hacker safe Site Safe seal — certifying that Golden Horizon Travel's website is daily tested and passes the security scans, certifying that our website is totally secure for shoppers and users.
- What is a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): It's a web cryptographic protocol that provides a secure communication over the Internet between a website and a server. This SSL protocol encrypts the segments of network connections above the online Transport Layer using asymmetric cryptography for keys (codes), exchange symmetric encryption and authentication of these codes to ensure privacy, integrity and safety.Back to Top
III. Merchant and Transactions:
Do we have a Merchant Account and how it works?
Yes we do have our own merchant bank which legally collects payments from customers who agree to shop on our secure website and securely verifies the accuracy of your credit card information and the availability of your funds, then authorizes your transaction (when you approve it as you shop on our website) in order to obtain the required funds and then transfer them to our merchant account, it takes about 7 business days or more before we get these funds transferred to our account and the same way when we process a refund due to merchant, bank and other third parties (like authorize.net) processing delays. For that, we get charged per transaction whether it's a payment made on our website or a refund which varies between 4% to10% per transaction depending on the card and the country where it was issued.
If you do not agree with our terms and tour prices, you can at any time stop this transaction before you process it on our website. All our prices are clearly posted on our website in US currency and the price is per person tax included unless otherwise noted.Back to Top
Our Payment Gateway:
As an e-commerce certified merchant and website, we provide a complex and secure virtual payment gateway to ensure a secure and encrypted concoction between our website and the server. We take every online secure measure to protect your privacy and personal information. Our payment gateway is very reliable and well known (www.Authorize.net) which connects our reservation page and custom made shopping cart with our bank merchant account.Back to Top
IV. Privacy and the Use of your Personal Information
How and why we collect your personal information?
We collect from your secure reservation web page and from the use of our website four types of information:
-Personal Information including your name, phone number and email address in order fulfill your booking, confirm you reservation and or issue your tour voucher and send it to you by email, by mail or by fax based on these information you provide on our website. This information is required so we honor your tour based on your personal information and tour preference (time and date you require).
- Through our secure reservation page, we also require a valid credit card and billing address in order to accept and authorize your transaction so we guarantee and deliver your tour.
- We also collect other kind of information such as demographic and geographical information, type of language you speak and the tour (s) you are interested in so we organize your guided tour in the required language and or based on your interest and expectations. For instance, if your email ends in gmail.it or gmail.es, we may ask you whether you want the tour in Spanish, Italian or English. If you have kids, we may ask you the age of your kids for legal considerations depending on the tour. Other third party providers including Horseback tour and or hot air balloon companies do require the extract age and even weight of each person in your party for safety considerations.
- We do collect the above information to allow our staff to confirm your reservation and to send you an email or a tour voucher confirming your tour, the number of persons in your party and your pick-up time. We also use your email address to send you your tour voucher as a confirmation of your tour or service you booked on our website.Back to Top
How Golden Horizon Travel uses your personal information?
Some of the personal information we collect maybe shared with a third party or with one of our service partners, hotels or any other business provider. For instance, if your tour includes accommodation or any other reservation you book through our website, we have to provide some of your personal information like; your name, the kind of language you need, the age and the number of participants in party, the type of room or reservation you need, arrival and departure time or and even the weight of each participants in your party required by certain providers or or partners like horseback or hot air balloon companies. This piece of your personal information allows us and our business partners to accommodate your travel needs, assigning the right horse and choose the right basket for your hot air balloon ride to ensure your safety and same way for all other services you may require. We may also use or disclose your personal information under applicable state or federal law to comply with a legal process or any other similar circumstances, when applicable.Back to Top
V. "Cookies" and How We Use Them?
- Definition of a "Cookie":
There are many kind of cookies (web cookies, tracking cookies, secure cookies, thirds party cookies…) Most of dynamic websites collect cookies but not static websites. Our websites are static and do not collect cookies except our reservation form that may require harmless cookies to better serve you and encrypt your booking information. A website like ours may use what we call web cookies that's is also called browser's cookies used by browsers for many purposes like identification of an internet users' session and preferences, IP address, shopping cart contents and or other purposes. Many cookies are harmless, cannot be programmed and cannot carry viruses or malware on the host computer. However, they could eventually be misused by spyware or hackers to track users' behavior or activities. Ensure that your computer is always protected and that your virus protection is up-to-date. You may also disable or delete such cookies from your browser anytime you want. Don't shop with any suspicious or unsecure website. Ensure that websites you visit are safe as described in the above section "II- Safety and Security Concerns".Back to Top
A secure cookie is only used when a browser is visiting a server via HTTPS, ensuring that the cookie is always encrypted when transmitting from client to server. This makes the cookie less likely to be exposed to cookie theft via eavesdropping and ensures that users' (your) personal information is encrypted between your computer (browser) and the destination server like ours to complete your purchase or reservation with maximum safety and security precautions. If you visit our secure reservation page, you will notice that our URL is secure and the letter "S" is indeed configured within the URL as follow:
Your privacy and the option "Opt-Out":
If any or some of your personal information like an email account has been used by us or by any of our business partners for any other reasons than business, please notify us or simply remove us or and any other users from your contact list or social media accounts. You may also set up your browser for not receiving and restricting the kind of cookies you receive from visiting website like ours or a browser and block any email you may receive in this regard. Please note that we use the same browsers like you including Google Chrome, Intern explorer or and Firefox , Safari and have no control over their web operations and the way these independent browsers and or servers operate.Back to Top
It's your responsibility to ensure that you provide Golden Horizon Travel LLC and its partners and financial institutions with the correct, accurate, and required information. This may include your home and cell phone numbers, a valid email address, and your mailing address (which should match your credit card and bank records). Also, please ensure that you provide your Card Verification Value Code (CVVC). We may also ask you to provide your date of birth as well. We assume no liability or responsibility for missing information or incomplete orders. Our products and services are very clear, and delivered as explained and advertised on our websites. Therefore, we assume no responsibility for charge disputes, or any chargeback fees that may occur or and any legal expenses in this regard. No refunds will be issued for any customer's mistakes, or misunderstandings of our cancellation policy, terms, and conditions.Back to Top
About Golden Horizon Travel LLC
We have designed a comprehensive website and a dedicated web page entitled "About us" where you can read more about our business and the kind of services and products we promote on our website. You may click here to learn more "about us".Back to Top
** NOTE **
- When transactions are not approved, we simply don't get any information with this regard and therefore, you will not hear from us. Please double check and ensure you get an email from our Merchant account sent to you from: "Authorize.Net Auto-Receipt" <email@example.com>
- If you don't get an email from <firstname.lastname@example.org>, please start over with a different credit card and enter the exact billing information related to the required credit card. You may also contact us via email to inquire about your transaction if you don't get this above merchant receipt. However, if you do receive this above email, there will be no need to contact us.
Back to Top